Friday 20 January 2017

L01: Task 2: Sample Materials (Masthead Design)

proposal and sample = pass

Distrubution and markerting = merit.




In the samples I have collected, I have noticed that the housecolours are either black and white or red and white it connotes danger. All of them besides Rolling Stone has a serif masthead. It makes it sharp and bold.Most of the use all capitals to make it stand out. Big font.

1. What do you like about them ?
Theyare all bold and stand out.
2.  Font that are used

3. Connotations of magzaine/brand

4. Similarities of the masthead

5. What are your ideas for your own masthead design based in the ones you have loook at?
My ideas are to have font colours like red. They are mostly one word. A san-serif  lettering with all capitals.




 IDEA 1
This is the masthead that i chose since it is has different font and lettering. This is the look of the fonts style and the lettering size however it will be coloured will red from my house style colours. This is megre into each other to not that up space on the other page in the magazine so that the has unity. The fonts will change and edit. This will also be place a bit better will the and first to be big size. I have got ridden of the white background and am gonna change the spacing.

Idea 2 This is a font I got from dafont.com it is called Punk type. I think add to this a music notes to splash of ink stains. However It is a serif font which it uncommon for a magazine but I do like the different looks on each letter.
Idea 3
This font has an arty design on it which I would use to incorporate both of my house colours. The first letter to a capital. Also I am thinking about adding a music note on the I or headphones as the dot on the I.



Idea 4
This font is arty splash that I might use with my two Housestyle colours. This is a good typefaces since san serif which would make  it conform to the conventions of magazine typefaces since it would need to be to see on the shelf. I want this to reflect my audience who will be an arty









No comments:

Post a Comment